Swift, discreet, and cost-free delivery! Arrives as quickly as the next working day.
Our team of doctors and prescribers, and our support staff, are all UK-based.
We're on hand to offer free support and advice by email and telephone (Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00).
based on over 170 reviews collected on Google.
BUSCOPAN Tablets contain a medicine called “hyoscine butylbromide”. This belongs to a group of medicines called “antispasmodics”.
BUSCOPAN Tablets are used to relieve cramps in the muscles of your:
• Gut (intestine)
• Bladder and the tubes that lead to the outside of your body (urinary system)
It can also be used to relieve the symptoms of irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Do not take BUSCOPAN Tablets if:
• You are allergic (hypersensitive) to hyoscine
butylbromide or any of the other ingredients
• You have glaucoma (an eye problem)
• You have something called ‘myasthenia gravis’ (a very rare muscle weakness problem)
• You have a suspected or confirmed blockage of the bowel
• You have a condition where the bowel is blocked and does not work properly (paralytic or obstructive ileus). Symptoms include severe abdominal pain with lack of stools and/or nausea/vomiting
• You have a very enlarged bowel (megacolon)
• You are pregnant, likely to get pregnant, or are breast-feeding
Do not take this medicine if any of the above apply to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine.
Always take your medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. BUSCOPAN Tablets should not be taken continuously for long periods of time.
Taking this medicine
• Take your tablets with water
• Do not break, crush or chew the tablets
Each tablet contains 10 mg of the active ingredient hyoscine butylbromide.
The other ingredients are: calcium hydrogen phosphate, maize starch, soluble starch, colloidal silica, tartaric acid, stearic acid, sucrose, talc, acacia, titanium dioxide, macrogol 6000, carnauba wax, white beeswax and povidone.
Like all medicines, BUSCOPAN Tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The following side effects may happen with this medicine. Stop taking your medicine and see a doctor straight away if you notice any of the following serious side effects - you may need urgent medical treatment:
• Allergic reactions such as skin reactions e.g. nettle rash, itching (affects fewer than 1 in 100 people), rash, redness of the skin
• Severe allergic reactions (anaphylactic shock) such as difficulty breathing, feeling faint or dizzy (shock)
• Painful red eye with loss of vision
Other side effects
• Dry mouth (affects fewer than 1 in 100 people)
• Abnormal sweating or reduced sweating (affects fewer than 1 in 100 people)
• Increased heart rate (affects fewer than 1 in 100 people)
• Being unable to pass water (urine) (affects fewer than 1 in 1,000 people)